Granite City is a shared, collaborative, and open community. In order for everyone to peacefully co-enjoy, there are some best practices to follow:
Be friendly. Introduce yourself to others. You’ll probably find other motivated hard workers like yourself. Other members can also be great resources to bounce ideas off.
Be considerate and respectful of others. When you are finished using something, put it back the way you found it. Push chairs back in, clean off work spaces, and wash your mugs (inside and out). Always keep in mind, you are sharing the space with others, which brings us to our next point….
Keep your space clean. When you leave, another person will most likely sit at the same spot. So please keep it clean and throw away any trash. Also, note that the refrigerator is emptied every Friday.
Shared Spaces. Coworking memberships include shared use of the community space. Your belongings should leave with you daily, with the exception of a designated rack for monitor storage. Please do not use the shared areas including kitchen, as a storage space for your stuff. Private office and reserved desk options are available for these purposes.
Pay attention to headphones. When it’s time for you to focus and not interact with the community, the universal sign for “do not disturb” is to put on your headphones. This works both ways. If others have headphones on, that’s a sign they have serious work to get done.
Phone calls. You are able to take and make them in the designated open space area, within reason. If you need privacy, or don’t have the best inside voice, use an open phone booth or take a walk outside. On the flip side, if you get distracted easily by someone on a call, a good set of headphones are a must. If you are on the phone regularly, GC team members may ask you to consider a private office membership.
Hallway conversations near the private offices should be kept to a minimum length and volume. Please support our private office members by helping keep noise levels down in the hallways.
The library is a quiet area. Help us keep this a no-distraction space for you and other members who really need to focus. If you are working in there, please keep conversations (if any) quiet and to a minimum. If you need to take or make a call, please step into a phone booth, sneak out the back door, or move into the front shared coworking area.
Pushy sales are a no-no. Build relationships, please don’t be the pushy sales person to your fellow community members. We don’t take this lightly.
Private Meeting Rooms should only be used when reserved through the online portal. Included time is determined by membership level. Addition time is available at a discounted rate.
Coffee is life. If the coffee is, let the designated GC team member know. Fresh coffee is a must and will always be a priority. Coffee is supplied during regular business hours.
We love your dogs, but… allergies are real. And as cute as they are, please keep your pets at home.
We love visitors. You are welcome to bring a guest for a quick connection here and there (up to 30 minutes). Just make sure to have them check in with a GC team member and keep in mind that your guest takes up one of the paid seats of other members. If your guest will be here for a while or multiple days in a row, talk to a GC team member about a day pass, reserving a private meeting room, or signing them up as a member themselves.
Be observant. If you see someone that appears that they shouldn’t be in the building, please notify a GC team member immediately.
We are a community who cares. Let us know of suggestions on how we can make Granite City better. We are interested in both large and small suggestions. But, it’s not personal if we don’t implement your great ideas.
We are here! A GC team member is generally available and front doors are open from 8:30am-5pm (subject to change).
And now, for some dry but pertinent rules that have to be kept for the safety and security of all of our members.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of Membership in Granite City and use of the Services, the undersigned Member will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited in the Agreement. Member may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any GC server, or the network(s) connected to any GC server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. Member may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any GC server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. Member may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
Acceptable Use Policies
The undersigned Member agrees to abide by the following as well as enforce the following with any guests of Member.
- Do not upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Do not upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless Member owns or controls the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Do not use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Member will not download any file(s) that cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
- Do not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services.
- Do not violate any guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service.
- Will not harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party.
- Will not violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Will not create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Will not allow any guest(s) or such Members to enter the building without registering such guest(s) according to our policies.
- Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through GC servers.
- Perform any activity that is reasonably likely to be disruptive or dangerous to other members, their guests, or their property.
- Use the Services to conduct or pursue any illegal activities.
- Use the Services to conduct any activity that is generally regarded as offensive.
- Attach or affix any items to the walls, install antennas, or telecommunication lines or devices in the office space or bring additional furniture into the office space, in each case without prior written consent.
- Misrepresent himself or herself to the GC Community, either in person or online
- Take or copy information belonging to other members or their guests
- Use the name “Granite City” or use pictures or illustrations of the Premises in any advertising, publicity or other purpose, without prior written consent;
- Use the office space in a “retail,” “medical,” or other nature involving frequent visits by members of the public.
Acceptance of Agreement
The Services Granite City (GC) provides to you, the undersigned Member, including but not limited to building access, use of office space, access to Internet, and the other Services listed are subject to the following Membership Agreement (the Agreement). The most recent Agreement will be posted and made available upon request. Members will abide by the Agreement, as well as other terms determined by GC staff, which may be communicated verbally, by email or written notice. GC reserves the right to add, delete or amend the Agreement at our reasonable discretion. Members continued use (membership) of GC facilities and services following any changes to the Agreement constitutes your acceptance of such new term(s). Granite City (GC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Burst Media LLC.